Thursday, September 1, 2011

One tired Mer

About a year ago, I joined a gym and got a personal trainer. I'd gained about 20 pounds after my wedding and quite frankly I was upset that I was having to buy sizes much larger than I'd ever needed to before. I worked with that trainer for almost a year. This May I switched gym locations and got a new trainer, who is wonderful and fabulous. I see him twice a week.

I have a bad knee, to put things kindly. My poor blown-out knee got that way from years of dance and then a poor decision to try to keep up with a fit friend on the Chief, which is a mountain in Squamish, BC. My old trainer and I could never get my knee to cooperate with lower body exercises. However, Wonderfab Trainer threw that out the window and taught me how to do squats.

Oh my.

Tonight we did upper body, with a little lower thrown in. I am going to be a hurting Mer tomorrow! But every squat, press and curl I do is making my body fitter for swimming, and fitter for life, which makes me a happy girl. I've lost 25 pounds so far; once I lose about 15 more, I should be at my goal weight and could possibly look into getting a realistic silicone tail...but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment